Thursday, February 14, 2008

Will You Be Mine

I have been the luckiest girl to have a sweetheart Valentine like Geoff!! Thanks for being mine - I love you! Happy Valentines Day! I love it that Geoff gives me flowers and I love receiving them!! XOXO This weekend we will celebrate our 13-year anniversary. The years keep getting better and better!

roses

For valentines this year, in lieu of sugar cookies and frosting, we went easy-gourmet and made chocolate dipped strawberries and gourmet rice-krispie treats… can rice-krispie treats be gourmet? Sure, cut them diagonally and drizzle a little melted chocolate over them, walla! Gourmet. We had a valentines dinner at home with the family and I tried to make it noticeably valentine-ish by pulling out special dishes with the glass goblets to drink from. I paid so much attention to detail as to even have heart shaped ice cubes in the glasses – to which only Abby and Anna really cared about. Love you girls!!

We have another tradition of something we call ‘kick-a-valentine’ that stems from when I was a child and my Mom would go from the front door to the back door and then the front door and so on leaving treats and valentines for us. We would run from the front to the back giggling and finding prizes at each door repeatedly. We love that tradition, and love it that Grandma still does it – for the grandkids. I wonder, however, why we called it ‘kick’-a-valentine? Did we used to kick the doors as we would drop valentines and run? Now, thankfully we drop valentines then ‘ring’ and run.

1 comment:

heather said...

What beautiful flowers!!