Friday, June 20, 2008

Open House and Sleep Over

My brother, Robert, got married to his sweetheart, April (and she is such a sweetheart!!) in April and we had an Open House for them a couple of weeks ago.



Of course Abby's favorite part of the whole event was getting to spend time with Tatiana. They are about 6 months apart in age and about 2000 miles apart in distance, but they get along as if they were next door to each other (isn't that the greatest thing about cousins!!!)



During this week, the kids finally had their first trampoline sleep over. They were so excited, gathered all their sleeping bags, pillows, extra blankets, etc. They got all set up and were giggling and having fun....then they all started sliding into the middle....and then came the complaints, "you're on top of me!" or "stop leaning on me!" or "move your feet!!" I repeatedly asked if they wanted to take the slumber party inside and they all declined--so I guess they didn't really mind the sliding mass into the center. (I stayed out there with them, because, well, my kids are young and I don't want them to get snatched!) Anyway, somewhere around 3:00 am the temperature dropped and it ended up getting really cold and I kept waking up to slide Emeron and Anna and Farrell away from me and to cover my frozen head. ::::sigh:::: Good times. :)



This was taken 'the morning after'. Emeron and I went inside to thaw out.

We love it when Tatiana comes to visit and had a lot of fun -- always do! We spent the next day (after Tennis and Violin) at the Thanksgiving Point Farm and Ice Cream Shoppe.


Here is David enjoying his ride in the stroller. He is always enjoying everything by the way, he is such a happy baby!!


Everyone had pony rides. This was Annalyn's favorite part of the day!


Here is Fare, Robert, Anna, Tatiana, Abby and Emeron on the wagon ride. I think they all liked it, but they just don't have that same look of excitement that David had for his stroller ride. ;)

Well, we can't wait for the next visit Tatiana, we love you!! :)

4 comments:

. said...

oh the memories!! Although, I don't quite remember sliding into the middle all the time. I must have blocked it out. It looks like they had a blast and what a good sport mom is to do that. it has been fun to see the pictures of Robert and family. I haven't seen him since you got married, like a bazillion years ago. j/k
i feel bad we missed the open house. our dog was suppost to have puppies that day:) Later on the vet tells us she had a false pregnancy. so sad on all counts.

Marci said...

So fun sleeping on the trampoline!! Steve and I did that with our kids last year before we moved and the middle was the place to be, that's for sure. That was smart of you to stay out there with them, that is precisely the reason we slept out with our kids. Thanksgiving point...too fun! Love the pictures!

Abby is said...

Oh the good ol' days! That was fun! Dosen't my mom just do the best blogs 'ya all?

kellyclay said...

Karol,

Thanks for bringing back some fond memories for me from my childhood, I remember everyone ending up in the middle of the tramp when we slept on the trampoline when we were kids. what a great Mom you are to sleep out there with the kids.