Thursday, July 16, 2009

Preparing for Wimbledon

Abby participated in her first tennis tournament – and took FIRST in her division!! YEAH! She had so much fun playing and really was focused throughout the tourney. She played 8 mini-sets first, then Abby and one other girl had tied with 15 wins and then they played each other in the finals and Abby took it! She won FIRST PLACE!



I thought it was so cute that she would shake hands w/whomever she was playing after each set. Here she is shaking hands after her final win.


Workin’ at her serve.

Slammin’ a backhand.

Since the tourney started at 8am (and went till nearly 2pm) Daddy was at work and so we called him just after Abby’s placement was announced. :)

6 comments:

Jo said...

Tell her congrats from me. That is awesome!!

Lindsey said...

That is so awesome! Congrats Abby! I love her shirt too!

Bree :--) said...

How fun!! I'm excited for when I have kids old enough to do this stuff:). She is soo darling!

Laura said...

Congratulations, Abby!

Jenn said...

Abby is such a talented girl! Congratulations!

Jen said...

Abby! Way to go! Fantastic!!! You need to teach me some moves!