Monday, May 19, 2008

We All Live Downstream

The river behind our house started running today and along with it came more trash than one could imagine. Really. We thought we were surprised when we saw a wicker patio chair with cushion, and then came a couple of buckets, along with a ton of debris and about six cords of wood. Shortly after followed two kitchen chairs and to top off our astonishment, a LA-Z-BOY recliner came a floating down the river. Yea, you read right, a LA-Z-BOY recliner. Can you believe it?! This was one of those times I wished I had my camera.

Update: Only a couple of hours after the runoff started, I was in our back yard cutting the boys hair and we heard this loud rumble, we looked in the river and saw a.....COUCH. This is ridiculous. I can't imagine water skiing in the lake downstream, it would be a obstacle course of sorts around furniture.

No comments: