Saturday, August 9, 2008

Primary Parade

We have a WONDERFUL Primary Presidency in our ward and they do so much for the kids around here. Recently, they hosted a Children's Parade - not on any particular holiday, just for fun. My kiddos wanted to dress up for this and there were a few other children that dressed up also. They decorated their own 'mode of transportation' (bikes for Ems, Anna and Abby; skateboard for Fare; and Legs for Jacob) there was fun music playing as they 'paraded around' and to complete the experience, the children threw candy to the spectators.





I shot more video than still-shots, but on this blog you can see even more parade pictures.

You know, I remember doing bike parades as a child and I loved to dress up and decorate my bike as well, but for some reason it seems that we decorated bikes differently back then -- crape paper woven through the spokes without a wrinkle, tall pole off the banana seat streaming something, matching colors, streamers off the handlebars nearly measured to perfection -- like my mom did it, and she probably did. Well, for my children the same concepts were used, mostly the same materials......but they attacked a table of balloons, crepe paper, tape and markers and in about 10 minutes were done and ready to ride!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Not so wonderful, but we try. :) It was pretty fun though.