Friday, October 24, 2008

Out Of Control

Abby had some friends over today and one of them (who is the youngest in her family, but still, 11 years old) said to me….. “Is it hard to control little kids?.....when you have so many of them?” I stammered for a moment wondering who was out of control -- as Anna was reading a book to Ems and Jacob, and David was sitting contentedly looking at a toy in his hands. And then she said, “y’know, I just wondered, when I saw THAT!” pointing to the bright red and brown marker coloring on the carpet. I replied lamely, “…..ahem….oh,….that was….a….Jacob did that....” :)

4 comments:

Jo said...

That is awesome. I personally like the marker. It gives your carpet character.

heather said...

How funny! I always feel bad when my own kids ask me if it is sometimes hard to be a mom. That is always my sign that I am not being patient enough at that particular moment.

heather said...

P.S. You need a picture of the marker stain for us! :)

kellyclay said...

LOL Since I have hard wood floors throughout my house. the marker is on my walls compliments of Aidan! :)