Monday, March 17, 2008

Lucky Me

We love traditions. One of which is to make the biggest deal out of every holiday we possibly can. St. Patrick’s Day is in the running, for the kids, of one of their favorites (one of the 12 favorites, that is.) We eat green food, we wear green clothes, we seek out those not wearing green and pinch them, we relish in green-ness, we spend green, we go green, we get gold coins, we feel lucky, we enjoy another holiday tradition.

greenday

Anna came home from school today and said, “They won’t let us pinch anyone at school anymore. It’s not fair! Other schools get to pinch and we don’t. My teacher had green paper shamrocks for anyone who wasn’t wearing green to wear so they wouldn’t get pinched.” Can you imagine - I’m guessing that St. Patrick’s Day is not on the list of favorites for school teachers….. :) I know that it is not on Geoff’s favorite list either, “do we have any mashed potatoes that aren’t green?” and “no thank you, I’ll pass on the green milk.” It’s all in good fun, right?

3 comments:

heather said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I actually forgot this morning (terrible mom!) so we didn't get the green milk or green donuts for breakfast this year! I cannot believe how big David is! Let's get together soon!

kellyclay said...

Karol, you are such a great Mom, Today is Anthony's birthday so I try to stay away from to many St Patricks traditions so it does not take away from his special day.

Anonymous said...

I just have to say... You're kids are soooo cute!