Monday, August 24, 2009

It's Great To Be Eight

Last Sunday, Anna was with her primary class talking with the First Counselor to the Bishop about the upcoming dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain LDS Temple. When she learned that one not only had to be at least 8 years old, but also a baptized member of the church to attend the said dedication, she was heartbroken. The counselor told us when he shared that info with the class, her eyes welled with tears and she was visibly disappointed. Anna was turning eight the next day, but her baptism wasn’t scheduled for another 3 weeks. The bishop contacted Geoff and they shared a few words and then Geoff gathered me and our amazing primary president over to say…. ‘What if we were to bump up Anna’s baptism to this Saturday, making it possible for her to attend the Temple dedication?’ And so we did. :)

Anna was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And she also was able to attend the Temple Dedication with Geoff, me and her two older siblings. The faith that Anna showed in her desire to be baptized touched our family, the bishopric, the primary presidency, her primary teacher, good friends and family and it was an absolutely beautiful day! We are so proud of you, Annalyn. We love you very much!! You shine inside and out!








4 comments:

heather said...

She looks so beautiful in her dress! What an amazing story of desire to do what is right. Sounds much better than my story with Hadley. The primary presidency approached me about having Hadley baptized the week of her birthday so she could go to the Draper Temple Dedication. My reaction was . . . are you crazy? My house isn't ready to have company, I haven't gotten her baptism pics taken yet, I don't have a dress and my parents are out of town for 2 more weeks. Moral of the story--you're a much better mom than me!:)

Annalee Kelly said...

Happy Birthday and Congratulations, Annalyn! You are so beautiful in white:)

Jenn said...

I am so glad everything went well for the baptism! Annalyn's baptism dress is beautiful. What luck that you had such a sweet dress all ready to go for the last-minute switcheroo. Congrats Annalyn!

the twins said...

Hi Karol,

I have to say that I love looking at your blog. Your kids are so cute and your photos are great.

Steph