Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happiness

We went to see some friends up at Swiss Days recently, and as soon as we showed up they gave us some yummy cookies and cream fudge – to which the kids devoured in less than 10 seconds. They asked if we feed our children.


We enjoyed strolling around looking at all the fun stuff for sale in the booths. Okay, let’s get real. After about 20 minutes we split up and Geoff wrestled, carried and consoled the boys while the girls and I enjoyed our stroll. We saw all sorts of cool stuff. It started sprinkling rain a little and so we decided to head home. On the way out I saw this sign and it spoke to me.


Then I put my arm around my daughter as we walked to our car. We stopped and picked up some blackberry soda and watched the rain fall. We smiled and enjoyed the ease and happiness in just being together.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I like that sign!

heather said...

Yum! I want some! We almost made it up there this year but something came up.

You should have bought that sign. If it's worth a picture than it's worth hanging in your home!

heather said...

I just googled the phrase to see if I could find someone that makes and sells these but found this great thought:

Contrary to popular belief, the largest and most luxuriously equipped house in the most exclusive neighborhood doesn't guarantee personal satisfaction and fulfillment. In terms of physical features, it's important to like your house and neighborhood and have it well-suited for your needs and lifestyle. However, for a house to be truly a home, it must be filled with strong human relationships, family cohesiveness, and meaningful life experiences.The bottom line is, bigger and fancier houses don't mean happier homes.

kellyclay said...

Love the sign it is so true. thank you for reminding me that I do not need a big home to be happy, I am happy in my small home with my big family. :)

Heather what a great quote. :)

Unknown said...

navigate to these guys wigs online,costume wigs,wigs for women,hair extensions,wigs for women,wigs,Lace Wigs,hair pieces for women,cheap wigs human hair browse around these guys

Unknown said...

f8v89c3h02 l5q34d3m66 y3a54w0y62 n2r12n6n19 g9l75q9f61 e7y38w4v54